For more than 24 years, Practis has been a leader in providing comprehensive digital marketing solutions to the healthcare industry. By using a combination of technology, award winning designs, and dedicated support, we enable medical practices to easily reach and acquire more patients in a compliant manner. Existing as a marketing extension for groups large and small, Practis makes it easier for clients to spend less time on their marketing and more time on the patient.
Practis is seeking to bring on an eager and dedicated Senior Staff Accountant to support the Finance Manager on the financial close and successfully carry out reconciliations for key GL accounts. This position will be responsible for booking the monthly journal entries, preparing roll forwards, developing controls and process improvements, and assisting in researching and resolving complex accounting issues as they arise. The Senior Accountant will also collaborate with various teams across the organization such as the Operations and Data Analytics Teams as well as support general accounting and financial processes of our company.
We are looking for an Accounting Analyst to support general accounting and financial processes of our company. This person will be responsible for all daily accounting tasks and assisting the Finance Manager with miscellaneous tasks as required. You will perform financial transactions and post them in the general ledger, with strong attention to detail. You will also carry out relevant administrative duties (e.g. responding to clients via email, phone calls and handling invoices).
This role is great for someone who is enthusiastic about the entire lifecycle of our clients and interested in managing company business operations. We are looking for someone with a strong technical background and analytical skills, is collaborative and a good communicator, and is detail-oriented with a solutions-oriented mindset and the ability to deliver high-quality accounting on tight deadlines.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Prepare various journal entries for assigned ledger accounts for monthly close
- Perform regular account analysis and monthly reconciliation
- Assist in month-end activities by performing variance analyses
- Prepare and record payroll journal entries and assist with payroll reconciliation
- Reconciliation of client accounts, program levels, products, and billing
- Execution of Client Onboarding, Change of Service Levels, and Offboarding
- Advise clients on billing issues via email or phone
- Processing of AP/Expenses
- Assist in updating Company CRM/Project Management Systems
- Assessing internal controls, including risk assessments and review of risk areas
- Process intercompany transactions, reconciliations, adjustment entries during period end and ensure accuracy of the financial records
- Liaise with the auditors and provide documentation and information, as needed
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent. CPA enrollment or designation will be considered an asset
- Minimum 3 years of public accounting and/or private company experience
- General understanding of GAAP
- Able think critically in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Able to independently analyze financial records and be a clear communicator to the team
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills including pivot tables, v-lookup formulas
- Understanding of Google Suite
- Self-motivation and desire to continually improve efficiency, accuracy, and timeliness of processes.
- Knowledge of different technology systems. Preference will be given to those with experience/knowledge of Salesforce and Accounting Seed ERP system
Attention to detail
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity & problem-solving skills a must
- Confidentiality and integrity