Web Designer – WordPress
Practis is seeking a well-rounded Web Designer with a minimum of 1 year of professional experience building and maintaining WordPress websites. This position is an integral part of a team working to support client WordPress and other CMS-based websites.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Support the marketing team by designing new or adjusting existing WordPress themes/layouts, building pages, creating banners and other design and development tasks as needed.
- Ensure that all design elements, templates and finished solutions work within a variety of browser types. Test websites to ensure proper functionality.
- Configure, install, and troubleshoot plugins and interactive features for client and internal websites.
- Clarify task requirements and details.
- Manage and resolve incoming support requests through a ticketing system
- Answer support calls, emails, or online chat regarding website troubleshooting, site updates, plugin updates, server or hosting issues, etc.
- Evaluating website accessibility (WCAG 2.1 AA) and pagespeed and identifying options and suggesting a course of action
- Quality control work performed
- Providing accurate and timely support by documenting all issues and resolutions in company CRM and Company support center.
- Responsible for adherence to standards, policies and development guidelines.
- Ability to work unsupervised, self-motivated and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate with account managers and clients
- Conduct and participate in cross-training with internal staff
What You’ll Need
- A Bachelor’s degree in Web Design, Web Development, a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Proficiency with WordPress Content Management System
- Experience using Linux shell/command line development/deployment tools a plus.
- Enthusiasm, with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and technical problem-solving skills