Website Support Technician
What You’ll be Doing
- Manage and resolve incoming support requests through a ticketing system
- Answer support calls, emails, or online chat regarding website troubleshooting, site updates, plugin updates, server or hosting issues, etc.
- Ensure that all design elements, templates and finished solutions work within a variety of browser types. Test websites to ensure proper functionality.
- Configure, install, and troubleshoot plugins and interactive features for client and internal websites.
- Clarify task requirements and details.
- Maintain client and company websites by installing updates, configuring settings, and testing website and application components
- Researching, investigating, debugging and resolving technical issues as directed by management
- Evaluating website accessibility (WCAG 2.1 AA) and pagespeed and identifying options and suggesting a course of action
- Assist the marketing team with coding and other tasks as needed.
- Quality control work performed
- Assisting with server maintenance and providing domain, DNS support
- Providing accurate and timely support by documenting all issues and resolutions in company CRM and Company support center.
- Assist with the configuration and management of office network & computer devices
- Responsible for adherence to standards, policies and development guidelines.
- Understanding of HIPAA requirements is a plus.
- Ability to work unsupervised, self-motivate and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate with account managers and clients
- Conduct and participate in cross-training with internal staff
What You’ll Need
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Web Development, a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- 1+ year of LAMP (RedHat Enterprise Linux, Apache, MySQL/MariaDB and PHP)
- Proficiency with WordPress Content Management System
- Experience using Linux shell/command line development/deployment tools a plus.
- Enthusiasm, with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and technical problem-solving skills