It’s almost March, National Nutrition Month (NNM), when the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics spotlights the important role of healthful eating and physical activity to control weight and prevent chronic disease.
This month is an opportune time to bring to light the importance of eating healthy and the ways it can make you look and feel fantastic, inside and out. The Healthwise Knowledgebase offers many resources and information to help your patients focus on nutrition and healthy habits.
Keep your website content fresh and engaging with Healthwise E-links.
The copy promotes timely health themes by highlighting topics in the Healthwise® Knowledgebase. Use the copy below on your website homepage or condition-specific pages, and create links to the related Healthwise Knowledgebase topics. You can also place the copy in emails, newsletters, or any other consumer outreach programs.
Healthy eating for children
If your child needs help eating better, make it a family affair. Give your child the tools he or she needs to create healthy habits that last a lifetime. Here’s a place to start. Eat together as a family and offer everyone the same healthy food choices. Try some of these simple tips to jump-start good habits that might become contagious and spread throughout your family. [Create a hyperlink to the Healthy Eating for Children topic on your website. DOCHWID=tn9188]
Good for you!
You’ve decided to make a few changes in how much and what you eat. Small steps can make a big difference in how you feel and look. Start by exploring the Healthy Eating Learning Center. It has a lot of helpful information, all in one convenient place. Read all about diets or supplements before you try them. Learn how to read the nutrition information labels on your favorite foods. Find what you’re looking for right here: [Create a hyperlink to the Healthy Eating Learning Center on your website. DOCHWID=center1020]
A beginner’s guide to healthy eating
Are you thinking about making healthy changes to your eating habits? No matter what size you are or what you weigh, when you eat healthy foods, your body will reward you with better health. Weight loss is not the only thing you can gain by eating right. Healthy eating lowers your risk for health problems like heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, and cancer. Making healthy choices takes a little planning and thought, but when you make healthy eating a habit, you’ll love how you feel. Here’s a great place to get started. [Create a hyperlink to the Healthy Eating Topic Overview on your website. DOCHWID= nutri]
Choosing healthy fats
It may seem overwhelming to cut out saturated fat from your diet. But you can begin by taking small steps, like using olive or canola oil instead of butter for cooking, eating leaner cuts of meat, and choosing whole grains. Remember, nobody’s perfect. If you slip up, try again. The important thing is to follow a realistic plan. Check out this chart with how-to instructions for making healthier choices. You’ll also find great tips for healthy meals, learn what to do when eating out, and get the skinny on fat-free foods. [Create a hyperlink to the Healthy Eating: Cutting Unhealthy Fats From Your Diet Topic Overview on your website. DOCHWID=zp4053]
Social Media Teasers
- How can you help your child eat well? Check out these tips. [Insert a shortened URL to the Healthy Eating for Children topic on your website. DOCHWID=tn9188]
- Your one-stop resource for healthy eating. [Insert a shortened URL to the Healthy Eating Learning Center on your website. DOCHWID=center1020]
- Before your next trip to the store, check out this information on ways to make healthy choices. [Insert a shortened URL to the Healthy Eating: Making Healthy Choices When You Shop Topic Overview on your website. DOCHWID=uz2171]
- When you eat healthy foods, your body will reward you with better health. Start here. [Insert a shortened URL to the Healthy Eating Topic Overview on your website. DOCHWID= nutri]
- Use these simple swaps to replace unhealthy fats in your diet. [Insert a shortened URL to the Healthy Eating: Cutting Unhealthy Fats From Your Diet Topic Overview on your website. DOCHWID=zp4053]
Interested in adding the Healthwise Knowledgebase to your site? Please contact Practis to learn more.