Keep your website content fresh and engaging with Healthwise elinks.
The ready-to-use copy promotes timely health themes by spotlighting topics in your Healthwise® Knowledgebase. Use the copy below on your website home page or condition-specific pages, and create links to the related Healthwise Knowledgebase topics. You can also place the copy in emails, newsletters, or any other consumer outreach programs. Use the copy as-is, or use it as a starting place to create your own copy.
Taking a step toward exercise
Physical activity is one of the most important things you can do for your health. It can help you stay healthy, control your weight, and get the most out of life. The key is to find fitness routines that you enjoy and look forward to, and that means you’re more likely to stick with them. No matter what your age or condition, there is a type of exercise that’s right for you. And with regular practice, physical activity will become a part of your normal routine. Whether you’re just starting out, need to take it up a notch, or really want to hit your peak, here’s how to do it—and how to avoid the slip-ups that can keep you from meeting your fitness goals. [Create a hyperlink to the Fitness and Exercise Learning Center on your website. DOCHWID=center1016]
How much, how long, how often?
You may know that exercise is good for you, but did you know that even small amounts of physical activity offer important and quick benefits? Drop the all-or-nothing attitude about exercise. Don’t have time to work out for the 45 minutes that you planned? Then walk briskly for 10 minutes. It’s essential to be flexible, because life happens. Let go of ideas of perfection, and let yourself feel good about what you can and do get done. Use this helpful guide to learn the benefits of fitness, how much activity you need for health-related fitness, what types of activity improve fitness, and how to add more physical activity to your life. [Create a hyperlink to the Fitness: Getting and Staying Active Topic Overview on your website. DOCHWID=ftpln#hw155909]
Kids need fitness too
Physical activity is important for lifelong health. As a parent, you can do a lot to help your child learn to live a healthy and active life. Habits start early in life. Kids follow the examples set at home. If you make exercise a priority in your life, chances are your kids will too! Find activities that are fun for your child. You can plan things that you can do with your child, like hiking and biking. Let your child try an organized sport or activity to see what he or she might enjoy. And make sure that you have a plan to cope with barriers, such as bad weather or busy schedules, which can keep your child from being physically active. Here are more tips for helping you and your family stay active. [Create a hyperlink to the Fitness: Teaching Your Child to Stay Active Topic Overview on your website. DOCHWID=aba5633]
When we undertake new activities, it’s almost always a little awkward at first. The same holds true with exercise. When you begin an exercise program, chances are your body isn’t used to it, and it’s going to take a little time to adjust to your new healthy activity. The trick is to stay with it until exercise becomes a habit. One strategy for sticking with your fitness routine is to know why you want to stay active. Your goals are important because knowing why you want to exercise can help you keep at it even when you want to quit. Learn here how to update your goals and overcome six of the common reasons that might be keeping you from staying active. Soon, you’ll start looking forward to your daily workouts! [Create a hyperlink to the Fitness: Making It a Habit Topic Overview on your website. DOCHWID=zx3268]
Spice up your workout routine
It’s normal to get bored or frustrated with a workout routine. Of course, this doesn’t mean that you should give up exercise—but it may be time to add some new twists to your program. Finding the right activity and varying the activity can go a long way in keeping you active. Check out our list of different types of moderate and vigorous activities that you can try. And find out more ideas to keep you motivated and keep your fitness routine fresh and exciting. [Create a hyperlink to the Exercise and Physical Activity Ideas Topic Overview on your website. DOCHWID=aa165656]
Teasers to use for social media
- Whether you’re just starting out or want to take it up a notch, this helpful guide to fitness and exercise has all the info you’ll need. [Insert a shortened URL to the Fitness and Exercise Learning Center on your website. DOCHWID=center1016]
- Drop the all-or-nothing attitude about exercise. Here’s how to add more physical activity to your life. [Insert a shortened URL to the Fitness: Getting and Staying Active Topic Overview on your website. DOCHWID=ftpln]
- Need help getting your kids and family to stay active? Check out these helpful tips. [Insert a shortened URL to the Fitness: Teaching Your Child to Stay Active Topic Overview on your website. DOCHWID=aba5633]
- Don’t let these 6 reasons keep you from exercising. Learn here how to make fitness a habit. [Insert a shortened URL to the Fitness: Making It a Habit Topic Overview on your website. DOCHWID=zx3268]
- Discover here new exercise ideas and ways to keep your fitness routine fresh and exciting. [Insert a shortened URL to the Exercise and Physical Activity Ideas Topic Overview on your website. DOCHWID=aa165656]
How to add links from your website to your Healthwise library topics:
- Copy/type the title of the Healthwise topic
- Paste that copy into the search bar of your Healthwise Knowledgebase ,and click “Search.”
- Click on the topic that matches your search.
- Copy the URL from the browser address bar.
- Use that URL to create the HTML l ink on your website that links to the Knowledgebase.